Sunday 5 January 2014

[Lunch Idea] Buckwheat Porridge with Carrots

Quick 'n' easy 'n' healthy 'n' delicious!

Hello there everybody! Today I've wanted to share with you a quick and easy (very student friendly) lunch, that I've been absolutely loving lately. It's so delicious, that you actually forget how healthy it is.

So I started off by sautéing some onions in a pan and by cooking the buckwheat separately in a pot. I sliced a carrot and mixed it in with the onions. Somewhere in the middle of the buckwheat cooking time, I put it all in a pan, together with the carrots and onions. I added a little bit of tomato paste, some Dijon mustard, a clove of garlic, Herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Once it was done, I added almost a half of freshly squeezed lemon juice (this might be a bit much for some, but I just adore the sour flavor it brings to this dish) and put it on a plate. As I've said, I've been loving this so much, that I've been eating it for a couple of days in a row now. Don't judge me.

Hope you enjoy! Bisous


Med student approved health info:
  • buckwheat contains ALL of the essential amino acids! (vegetarian win)
  • containts a lot of fibre (anti-constipation win)
  • contains flavonoids (anti-cancer win)
  • is gluten-free (anti-celiac disease win)
  • is a good source of magnesium (anti-cramps win)


No comments:

Post a Comment