Saturday 8 February 2014

[Recipe] Spelt Flour Bread with Sunflower and Pumpkin Seeds



So I love pumpkin seeds. I eat them every morning with my cereals, I love them in salads and I especially love them in bread. I'm not much of a bread baker, so if you're not an expert either, this recipe is for you.

Les ingrédients:

250 grams spelt flour
100 grams different seeds (I used a 50:50 ratio of pumpkin and sunflower seeds)
3 tbs honey
3 tbs unrefined sugar
150 mL warm water
17 grams fresh yeast
1 tsp salt

It was a lot bigger to begin with, but I already ate the middle part before the photo shoot. Sorry.
#speltbreadmorelikechocolatebread
First you need  to mix the water with yeast and feed it some sugar (yeasts just love it). I added the honey, then salt, then flour and lastly the seeds. 

Let it rise for 2 hours in a warm place. Then deflate the dough and put in in your chosen loaf pan. Let rise a little bit more, then put in the preheated (220°C) oven for half an hour.
 
Close-up.

Why spelt?
  • It contains a lot of dietary fibre (10.7g / 100g - in comparison, whole wheat white flour contains 2.7g/100g).
  • Rich source of iron.
  • Rich source of magnesium and phosphorus.
  • Rich source of vitamin B1, B3 and others.

To sum it up: it's good for you.

This bread can be eaten as normal bread, but you can also totally eat it just as it is, because the seeds and a bit of honey just give it this amazing flavour.




The only thing I regret is that I didn't double the amount of ingredients, cause it went all to quickly.
I dare you to try it!

Bon appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment